Tuesday 15 July 2008

A trip to Dublin.

Yesterday (14/7/08), I went for a day trip to Dublin with two of my friends (Swee Boon and Cindy). I was too bored and also want to clear my head from keep thinking how to write my first year report..haha. Since it is a day trip, we start off at 9.30am at Jury's Inn where we took an express bus (air coach). We paid £20 for a return ticket to Dublin city centre. Well, the ticket is not that expensive, considering the sit was spacious with a lot of rooms to stretch my legs. I dun think I could find any bus in Malaysia with this kind of design...haha.

For the route, this bus took off from Belfast to Dublin airport then to city centre. We have to change to another bus at Dublin airport in order to go to the city centre and it was okay. It is quite a while since I went to Dublin. The previous trip should be two years ago on summer as well with a bunch of TAR students. It is a bit different from last time because we drove and go there by car. This is the first time I took a bus to Dublin.

Bell tower in Trinity college quarter


Well, when we reached there we first went to Burger King to fill our stomach with some fries before going around the city centre. We went to Trinity college to took some pics and then wandering around the. We visited some of Cindy's favourite place such as Hermes, LV and etc. Well, that the places where you could spend few thousand pound for a bag (i really mean it) .

Swee Boon and me beside Liffey River


After spending 2 hours walking around the city we finally dropped off a korean restaurant called Bonga for lunch. This restaurant served lunch buffet for only 10 euro. It is a very cheap and the interior design looks okay as well. They even have rooms for karaoke for 25euro per hour. We aren't going for that because it is expensive. The food is okay only. I can give about 6/10 ratings. The staffs said they have less variety because they are having sort of small renovation inside the kitchen but they are good enough to give us a free drink...fair enough.

Swee Boon, Cindy and me.


After packed our stomach with few thousand kilo of calories. We decide to walk around the city again. From the O'Connell to a park and then to custom house beside River Liffey. We were walking without any real purpose because there are really nothing much to see in Dublin city centre. After walking for 3 hours, we finally plan to take the bus to go back to Belfast. we spent another 3 hours to get back to Belfast. Well, this trip is very tiring but it is really good for me cause I can clear my head from my first year report. I feel refresh the next day to comtinue with my writing. It does make a different!

Dublin Custom House



3 comments:

Unknown said...

wahh Dublin....keychain!!! =P

yi@n wei said...

haiz...key chain again.

Unknown said...

wakakakka =P
if not keychain then?
dublin famous item? =D