Saturday 26 July 2008

Such a coincidence

If you guys remember I have posted the Perfect Disaster series couple days ago. In the blog, I have mentioned about some informations about solar storm. Surprisingly when I received my August issue of Scientific American magazine, they also have a main topic on solar storm. I guess this phenomena has drawn quite a lot of attention from the science magazine publishers...haha. The magazine has precise details on how solar storm damaging the power grids across the world and also on our electronics equipment.
For your information, the next solar cycle maximum will be at year 2011. These solar cycle maximum occurs every 11 years. During these solar cycle maximum, there will be a high possiblity that a corona mass ejection that may produced a super solarstorm. So I guess we have to brace ourself to face the worst possibility of super solarstorm that might occur.

No comments: