Tuesday 5 August 2008

It's Jello time!

Okay, here is my third home made dessert apart from my muffins and brownies. This time I will be making jelly or "agar-agar", which is more familiar for some people. The process of making jelly is easy but this time I will be making two layers jelly, and of course it will be more difficult. The ingredients I need are "agar-agar", water, sugar, fruit cocktail and evaporated milk. I believe the most difficult task is to determine the amount of water. I need to make sure the jelly is fully "crystallised". If too much water it will dilute the mixture and it will not get "crystallised".
First, I need to cook the agar-agar and the water. After the agar-agar is melted, sugar is added and the mixture is stirred for another 5 minutes. Next, the mixture is poured into a container which contains the fruit cocktail at the container base. The mixture is left for a while until the upper part start to crystallise. Then, I will start to cook the remaining agar-agar with evaporated milk. As usual, sugar is added after the agar-agar is melted and the mixture is stirred for another 5mins. Finally, the mixture is poured on top of the 1st layer and the mixture is left for a while until it get fully crystallised becoming a jelly. The jelly is stored in the fridge for a while until it gets chilled. At last, it is ready to be served. Here are some of the pics of the jelly.

Two layers cake like jelly.

Manage to make two of them.

A close shot to see two distinct layers.

As usual, I brought some to my housemate and my colleagues and they said is quite good..hehe. Another sucessful product..haha.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

jello jello...
what next? XD