Saturday 2 August 2008

Fishy dinner

Since my food allergy is getting better, I plan to treat myself with seafood...haha. Obviously I think it is not the seafood that caused my allergy. It is probably caused by the pizza tomato sauce or the pizza dough, I mean the spices they add. The seafood I bought is actually the Cod fillet from Tesco. Well, all of you know that fish are high in protein so it is good for me...hehe.

After thinking for a while, I think simmer fish will be the best for my dinner tonight. So I simmered the fish with ginger, dried mushroom and some salt for about 10++ minutes. Finally, adding some spring onions for better taste and also to decorate the dish. Here is the finishing product produced by me.

Simmered Cod fillet with ginger, mushrooms and spring onions.

It is always difficult to determine the time to simmer a fish. If you steamed it for too long it will ruined the meat texture and if the time too short some parts are not cooked well enough. Luckily since I've help my mum to simmer fish before, this is no problem for me...haha. Hm...what kind of seafood should I cook next time? hehe...

No comments: