Saturday 30 August 2008

Chocolato cake!

It has been quite a while again that I left my blog unattended. Well, it has been kinda busy working on my project so a bit lazy to update even I have few things to talk about. Well, I actually kind of reluctant to post today's topic because the results is not satisfactory. Anyway, hopefully won't get too much criticised from you guys..haha.
Okay enough for intro..haha. I have made a chocolate cake last week using a chocolate mix and also the icing which I bought from Tesco. It is quite easy to make the chocolate cake since it only required 3 eggs, 250ml of water and 70ml of vegetable oil. All I have to do is to put all the ingredients + mix into a mixing bowl and stirred (using my hand, a very tiring process..lol) it for about 15mins. Then put it into a baking tray (in this case self-made container from tin foil) and load into the oven. The baking process took about 30mins and the baked cake is shown below:

Chocolate cake.

This cake actually reminds me of the chocolate/pandan cake I bought from pasar malam..lol. The upper layer is very crunchy and is not that sweet. To shape into a cake, I have to remove the upper layer to make it flat. Then, I seperated the cake into 2 layers and applying icing in between. The ready made icing I bought from Tesco can be stirred at room temperature and can be easily applied on the cake. However, it is very difficult to spread the icing evenly on the cake especially at the side. Since, my hand is full of chocolate stains I didn't took and picture (I'm kinds lazy to wash my hands..haha). I have only took the picture of my final product..haha.

A slice of chocolate cake served with strawberry and fresh creams.


1 comment:

Cindy Khor said...

wah...finally post this choco cake liao... waiting... always like to read the post about the stuff that u had baked.