Saturday 14 June 2008

Moon Jar!

I have been wandering around this tiny city twice this week to look for any interesting news to post. Unfortunately, nothing special to talk about. Instead, I have something to show you guys and easily found in my room. I have bought a special kind of jar called the Moon Jar (a new version of Sun Jar). This jar is not for storing cookies or sweets, instead it is used to store sunlight and turn it into moonlight....haha...confused? Well, this is what stated on the box.

Ok, let me explain in a simpler way. This jar is actually consists of a normal jar stuffed with photocell, rechargable battery, photodiode and a blue led. Very simple structure right? The main purpose of this jar is to store the sunlight energy and keep it in the rechargable battery for night use. Here is the picture of the moon jar.


Sorry about the badly made name at the right hand corner. My computer still haven't install with any photoshop software yet. So in the mean while please bear with it...haha. The next picture is the photocell and photodiode.



If you carefully observe, you can see the photodiode (6 0'clock direction) and the switch at 12 o'clock direction. The stripes are the photocells. The last picture shows the reason for buying this jar.

It is quite cool if you turn it on at night. Since a photodiode is used, this item is very sensitive to light. If you turn on the switch, it will automatically turn on the light is your room is dim enough. It is actually quite an interesting item and that's why it attracted me to buy it. The manufacturer's name is even more interesting. It is called SuckUK, which is a very odd name. Anyway, that's all that I would like to say. I'm not sure whether you can buy this in Malaysia but I think it will be quite expensive. I bought this for around £16. I guess this will be a nice present for friends...haha.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

is that my souvenir? :P