Sunday 15 June 2008

Do Re Mi?

As I was cleaning my room today I've found out that I bought few musical instruments in the past four year in Belfast. The reason I bought it to kill some of my time. Instead of just playing computer games and watching dramas, this was the third entertainment option I have. Well, let me show you my collection:


from top: fife flute, flute and violin.

I remembered I bought the flute back in year 2005 and the fife flute in 2006. The last instrument (violin) is bought in January 2008. Well, that is like one instrument per year..haha. I was more familiar with flutes but not violin. I've played flute since secondary school when I was in the Boys' Brigade marching band, so I have no difficulty in playing them. However, I have no idea how to play violin yet I bought it, why? Well, I was attracted into playing violin when I was on a trip to Prague on December 2007. My friends and I went to watch an opera in the Prague's state opera house. The show's name is Rigelleto. It was a very, very nice show presented with a combination of ochestra instruments and singing by the actors on the stage. I was impressed by the coordination and also the music from the show especially from the violin section. That's why I was thinking of buying a violin and learn myself. Well, it was kind of difficult to learn yourself and until today I still cannot play a proper sound...haiz. I guess I need to look for someone to teach me...haha.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

violin? =___="
lol...

JenKin Yat said...

wei also got blog..dun play play :P

Cindy Khor said...

i havent officially hear u play the violin yet...looking forward to a violin recital from the future "Dr" yian wei