Saturday 15 November 2008

New friendships through facebook and friendster.

Do you ever make new friends through friendster and facebook? I guess most of you did it before and so did I. I still remember that a friend of my always use friendster to make new friends that he even don't know in the first place. Don't you think this is very odd? I mean it will be difficult to maintain the friendship. Maybe the friendship will last for several weeks and later on you don't bother to chat with them anymore or vice versa.
I have tried to follow my friend once and add several friends (basically all are girls...haha) and try to start a conversation with them. Five out of five people are willing to add me into their friend list but only two in msn messenger. Both of them is very friendly and chat with me several times through msn. Well, this is a very good opportunity to get new friends and basically I think people tends to talk more to their new friend. One of them are actually my sister's friend younger sister (hm...mebbe wrong grammer here..haha). By the way, I chat with the other girl for about month and later on I didn't really chat with her anymore. Well, I guess people need to communicate face to face in order to maintain the friendship. I also found out that it is very difficult to talk to someone through the internet.
How about you? What do you think? Does facebook/friendster friendships will last long?

2 comments:

lele said...

I think cannot lor.. normally I only add people I've met at least once in real life. But hey, you never know ok.. maybe you might add someone who is worthwhile :) e.g I have this friend, who I met in driving exam. Hit it off immediately and we've only been in touch through friendster and fb. Still good friends till now. What's more weird is, my other half knows her (ex-classmate) and one of my good friend in secondary is her childhood playmate. Har..... canggih leh?

yi@n wei said...

wow...what a small world. I also found that very difficult but I still manage to keep up with one so far. Still chat with her like once a week. You should know who is the fren who that taught me..it is KP lo...haha